Christmas Movies Airing Now

As the holidays roll around and spirit is in the air, many channels have begun to show Christmas movies on their networks. The jolly soundtracks and picturesque views of snow falling gently on light strung trees are already beginning to be broadcasted in the homes of millions of Americans. From the classics like Frosty the Snowman to newer movies like the annual additions to Hallmark’s collection of Christmas films, the holiday spirit overtakes television networks.

Classic movies that are loved by all can be found on the lineup for FreeForm “25 Days of Christmas” program. The 20 year anniversary of the 25-day long schedule features a different Christmas movie every day of December starting on the 1st and ending on Christmas on the 25th. Crowd favorites such as National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Elf, and the Polar Express are all scheduled to air at least twice during the 25 day period that ends with a Holiday Favorites Sing-a-Long on Christmas day.

Another channel ready to spread holiday cheer is Hallmark. Hallmark is infamous for their new original holiday- themed movies that come out every year. Their first new movie of 2017, Marry Me at Christmas, aired as far back Oct. 28 in preparation for the holiday season. Now that the holiday season has kicked off, Hallmark is premiering eight new movies before Christmas with originals Sharing Christmas and Christmas Getaway promising to be hits.

For those who would rather stream movies or do not have cable, online streaming services like Hulu and Netflix offer their fair share of festive flicks. Netflix streams many Christmas movies from old, like Miracle on 34th Street, to newer ones, like Bad Santa and A Christmas Horror Story. Another streaming service, Hulu. gives users the ability to stream titles like Christmas with the Kranks, Home for the Holidays and The Holiday.