One of the many things to look forward to during Christmastime is the delicious, hot drinks Starbucks brings to the menu every winter season. These classic drinks taste just like the holidays and are the perfect accessory to hold while shopping for gifts at the mall, or just cozying up in your bed to watch your favorite Christmas movies. If you are looking for ways to get in the festive spirit, go to your local Starbucks and order one of these seasonal beverages.
- Chestnut Praline Latte: This latte is popular for its hint of chestnut and spices in the steamed milk and espresso mix. It isn’t as overpoweringly sweet as the toasted white chocolate mocha, but still gives that sweet christmassy taste that is perfect for the winter season.
- Toasted White Chocolate Mocha: This classic holiday drink is a combination of espresso, steamed milk, and caramelized white chocolate. Because it is toasted it is sweeter than the regular white chocolate mocha, giving it a strong candied taste. I suggest only getting this drink if you really like sugar.
- Caramel Brulee Latte: This latte is different from others because it contains a special caramel brulee sauce, not just the regular kind. More of the brulee is sprinkled onto the whipped cream, so if your usual starbucks order contains caramel, then this holiday drink is perfect for you.
- Peppermint Mocha: This holiday version of a mocha will definitely put you in the Christmas spirit, with added sweet mocha sauce and peppermint syrup to enhance the yummy sweetness of the drink. The classic taste of peppermint mixed with chocolate in a steaming hot espresso can never go wrong this time of year.
- Eggnog Latte: This latte is simply espresso mixed with eggnog and topped with nutmeg. If you’ve never tried eggnog, I suggest trying it somewhere else before trying this drink, since people usually have a love hate relationship with its unique taste.