Quarterback Jalen Milroe Commits To Texas

Word spread quickly throughout about junior Jalen Milroe. Milroe had been recently recruited by The University of Texas to perform on their Division 1 football team. Milroe is trying to finish school early to receive his career in professional football, and has always dreamed of being a professional football player.

“I grew up in an athletic family and I have family friends, uncles and cousins, that play college football and are in the NFL right now, so that athletic background has really influenced me and inspired me to play professional football and keep me working 1 percent more each day,” Milroe said.

The University of Texas is one of the leading schools with their programs and education. With over 51,000 students and more than 3,000 staff members, together this university works together to change the world through groundbreaking research and cutting-edge teaching. Milroe has been approached by 19 different schools, but at the end of the day UT felt like home.

“Throughout the recruiting process, the most consistent school that I’ve targeted since my freshman year was Texas, I was able to sit down with my coaches and talk about my future on and off the field and it was a priority for them to talk in-depth about my future and how I could fit in their program, they really made me feel like home at the school,” Milroe said.

A high amount of students wish to be in Milroe’s position. Many other students are working hard to get recognized by higher leagues than just high school. Most, if not all, students have a hard time figuring out what exactly to do with their future. It is a rare occasion to see students such as Milroe already set for their career. Milroe provides guidance to other students on how they could be more proactive with their future.

“Stay hungry and have a plan for yourself, have a plan A, B, etc, but always stick to your plan and stay consistent and work hard at it. If you want to do something, put your mind to it, what’s for you is for you so God has a plan for everyone and that plan can come with bumps and bruises. I feel that with anyone that is trying to do the same thing I’m doing, just work hard and have someone mentor you and take some bible lessons to inspire your dreams,” he said.

Achieving personal goals can be a really satisfying feeling if the work is put in on a daily basis. There are many obstacles that can come along the way such as school, with countless hours of studying or doing homework to maintain good grades.

“It felt like a weight being lifted off my shoulders, because the recruiting process has been long and stressful and I was fortunate to choose a school that I was comfortable with, now I can focus on finishing high school and I still want to work with my team here at Tompkins, so I think I’m in a good place now,” said Milroe.