Opportuniteen Organization Helps Students Find Internships

Misra+is+the+founder+of+Opportuniteen.+She+is+passionate+about+helping+other+students+find+internship+opportunities.++
Jackson Reuter
Misra is the founder of Opportuniteen. She is passionate about helping other students find internship opportunities.

Whether it be in the STEM field or in the arts field, finding good internship opportunities for high school students can be difficult. As many are aimed towards or catered for college level or higher level education students. However, founder and senior Sanika Misra has found a way to solve this problem with her organization, Opportuniteen. 

A combination of the words ‘opportunity’ and ‘teen’, Opportuniteen is an organization founded by Misra in 2022.  The organization strives to help empower youth and strengthen their experience skills for future career development and skills.

“I started Opportuniteen because I realized that while there are many opportunities available for teens many of them go unnoticed,” said Misra. “Opportuniteen brings all these internships and jobs to one place to offer teens more clarity about their future endeavors.”

Opportuniteen’s goal for students is to help them find proper internships for students at Tompkins. Because of this, the Opportuniteen website is constantly being updated with new internships for students to search for and find.

“Opportuniteen aims to empower youth by providing them with a glimpse into their future,” said Misra. 

So far Opportuniteen’s has helped over 1,400 students find internships, and plans to continue to help students find internships. Opportuniteen has partnered with organizations such as Workforce Solutions and City of Houston’s Hire Houston Youth program, both organizations that aim to help students grow in their professional lives. Opportuniteen also makes it their mission to provide internships for students in a variety of fields. For STEM focused students, the organization has helped find internship opportunities for NASA. For more political and business focused students, the organization has helped find internship opportunities with the City of Houston. 

“Opportuniteen provides all kinds of internships for people interested,” said Misra.

For students interested in Opportuniteen, whether to join the team or to find internship opportunities, contact the organization either through the organization DM’s on their Instagram, @theopportuniteen or website:  https://opportuniteen.godaddysites.com/.