Popular Novels of Recent Release

Popular Novels of Recent Release

The Getaway Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Coming in at book number 12 in the popular series, this new chapter of the series features a havoc filled Christmas vacation for Greg Heffley and his family. They have decided to travel outside of their home for the holidays to a resort. They plan to enjoy a nice break from their daily lives, and it ends up turning into a chaotic catastrophe in this hilarious novel, adding to the chronicles of Greg Heffley’s interesting life.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

In a culmination of comedy, heartbreak and mystery, this novel centers around Christopher John Francis Boone who has been diagnosed with autism yet has pushed past certain prejudices of his mental drawback.Although he is not very social, he has gained many intelligent qualities such as knowing every country in the world. One day he finds one of the neighborhood dogs impaled on a garden fork. Being that he is initially blamed for the killing, this genius of a man sets out to find the true killer of the dog.

Eileen by Ottessa Moshfegh

The constant struggle depicted here is about a woman named Eileen Dunlop, whom is mildly perturbed by her life as she must care for her father with alcohol problems. She carries out desperate endeavors such as shoplifting to get through every single day. She has resentment in her life and high aspirations to escape the prison she feels she is in. Out of the blue, a counselor rolls into her town Moorehead and they immediately become friends. This brings a ray of hope into Eileen’s life. Her dedication to her new friend however ends when she is associated with a crime she was not expecting

All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

It is a story of opposing sides of a war that come together for survival of  the destruction of WWII. This unification takes the form of two young people: a French girl who lacks the sense of sight and a German boy. Marie-Laure lives with her father in Paris near the Museum of Natural Story , where he works as the master of its thousands of locks. When she is 6, Marie-Laure goes blind and her father builds a perfect illumination of their neighborhood so she can memorize it by touch and navigate her way home. When she is 12, the Nazis occupy Paris, and Marie-Laure and her father flee to the walled bastion of Holy Man -Malo where Marie-Laure’s reclusive great -uncle lives.In another world in Germany, an orphan boy, Werner, grows up with his younger sister, Jutta, both enchanted by a crude radio Werner finds. He becomes a master at building and fixing radios, a talent that wins him a place at an elite and brutal military academy and, ultimately, makes him a highly specialized tracker of the Resistance. Werner travels through the heart of Hitler Youth to the far-flung outskirts of Russia, and finally into Saint-Malo, where his path converges with Marie-Laure.

Into The Water by Paula Hawkins

A couple days before she died, Nel called her sister Jules, who ignored the call and fails to save her own blood in her time of desperate need. Now Jules is forced to go back to the one place in her world that she thought she would never have to remember for the rest of her days. Nel had a teenage girl under her custody who Jules must now take care of . Unfortunately, she doesn’t want to come back to where she used to be, due to her memories of that place and the people around her. Jules then reasons that her sister could have never had a reason to jump, and that everything is not as it seems. She sets out to figure out what really happened to her sister in this thriller novel