Come to the Fashion Show

The Fashion Club gathers around the many seats in the science classroom, many discussing their latest fashion inspirations and others talking about their upcoming projects for the club. Students are focused on sketching designs, while some are also seen flipping through Pinterest for inspiration. With the many things going on in the club at the time, a feeling of comfortness fills the air and eases the students as they talk of their upcoming fashion show. Suddenly another feeling also starts to swirl in the air, excitement. The students start to share ideas, give feedback, and readily plan for their next show that displays their sense of style.  

The Fashion Club consists of a group of students with unique styles and a keen passion for fashion that come together to express mutual interests, who are all hopeful to partake in the upcoming and big fashion show this spring. With meetings every other Tuesday, the students start to make plans for their fashion show in their designated classroom. With fashion designers, models also makeup artists along with general members, the students practice and decide what they need to do to prepare. Along with the general ranks of the club, there are of course supervisors of the club, including students like senior Jackson Reuter. 

“I am the President,” said Reuter. “So I do the majority of club outlines, make the slides and I also deal with how we’re going to spend our money and communications with the different teachers and like organizing the pack and getting that reserved for us.”  

With Reuter being the president of the club, activities and hard deadlines are enforced during meetings and on Remind, reminding designers especially to be caught up on their sketches, designs, measurements and preparations for what they need during the fashion show. Designers like sophomore Cory Avila, are steadily preparing for what they’re going to showcase at this Fashion Show. 

“So I have some of my materials and I have to get some more this weekend. But my sketch is pretty much finalized and I have a mannequin that I made at home to do my stuff on,” said Avila. “I am also going to be modeling for myself and it’s just one outfit.” 

With fashion designers preparing for the fashion show, models and the glam team(makeup artists, hair etc.)  are also starting to prepare for what they might have to do during it. Students like senior Radiyah Oladepo are on the glam team for the show, and she has her own way to prepare for what is to come. 

“I am on the glam team,” said Oladepo. “ During the fashion show I am doing hair and to prepare for the show I meet with the designers and discuss what they like, what their vision is hair wise and then find a way to make it possible to do it on the models.” 

With preparations that are going on to prepare for the fashion show, things can become stressful, even for junior and social media manager Keile Encallado, but the fashion show is set and students seem to be ready for what is to come. 

“I think that it’s definitely getting a little bit more stressful because we actually have to make our ideas tangible and make it physical like physical but, we have done this before. We’re trying to make it more organized this year but it is a little stressful because of the time crunch and like organizing stuff with the school itself. But overall, I feel like we got things pretty organized and I feel like we are ready” said Encallado.