Go Green for St. Patrick’s Day

St. Patrick’s Day is on March 17 and has been an Irish religious day for over a thousand years. St. Patrick’s Day falls during the Christian season of lent. Some Irish families would attend church in the morning and celebrate in the afternoon. The popular feast for St. Patrick’s Day is bacon and cabbage and they celebrate by dancing.

Things to do During St. Patrick’s Day:
• Go see the 59th annual Houston St. Patrick’s Day Parade- starts at Minute Maid Park and ends at Lucky’s Pub. This parade honors Houston’s first responders.• Visit the Children’s Museum of Houston to see the McTeggart Irish Dancers- Friday March 17, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. in downtown Houston.
• 8th annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival- Downtown Houston March 17th.
• Howl at the Moon Extravaganza-Downtown Houston- Singing, Dancing and howling at famous 80’s, 90’s and other pop singers.
• Have a Pot o’ Gold Treasure Hunt- Find mini pots and fill them with pennies every time a good deed by your person of choice is done and have them find it after it is full.
• Learn some Irish History- Go to History.com and look at the history of how St. Patrick’s Day was started and who Saint Patrick was.
• Go Green (Dress up in green)- Make some homemade green spirit shirts or buy some green accessories to go with your outfit.
• Make Spirit Cards and Décor- Make some green and glittery cards for friends and family or simply to show spirit for the holiday.

The first St. Patrick’s Day was held in 1762 in New York City, and the two biggest parades are held in New York City and Chicago.