The Festival of Trees Arrives for the Season

As the holiday season approaches, the Katy area begins to change as it preps for the falling of the leaves, the cooling of the air and the childhood glee of the approaching season. During this time, the Katy area can expect to see many events and celebrations take place within the community. One of those celebrations, The Festival of Trees, hopes to inspire those to enjoy the holiday season and raise funds for local charities as well.

“The Festival of Trees is a new holiday extravaganza being produced by Brian Varvel and Christy Bohlen, both real estate agents with Keller Williams Premier Realty. All proceeds will be donated to The Ballard House, a Cinco Charities community. The event will be three days of holiday celebration featuring our Parade of Trees. In this event families and business sponsor a tree, commit to decorating it, and sell it off during the event,” said Brian Varvel, one of the hosts of the Festival of Trees.

The Festival of Trees is a new event coming to the Katy area where one can expect to experience the fun of the holiday season whilst also contributing to a charity, the Ballard House, which houses medically ill patients who need places to stay during their treatment. Through this, event-goers can expect to rejoice in the holiday spirit of giving back to those who need it most.

“Designers can commit to a 2ft, 4ft, or 7ft tree, or a wreath. Each design will feature a unique theme. In addition we’re going to have live entertainment throughout, a Big Fun Kidz Zone featuring inflatables, petting zoo, pony rides, face painting, balloon artists, and more. We plan to have a collection of food trucks available each day for dining along with a holiday market for shopping and a classic car show,” said Varvel.

The Festival of Trees expands to more than just holiday tree shopping as the venue will have many activities for all ages. The Festival of Trees aims to be an event which can be one for the whole family with a diverse range of activities. By doing so, the event has the ability to become a staple of the Katy holiday season, seeing as this will be the first festival of its kind in the Katy area.

“The event is being held Nov. 23-25th, from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. each day at the Cane Island Amenity Village,” said Varvel.

The Festival of Trees presents itself as a terrific holiday experience for anyone interested in a family-friendly, charitable holiday event. With its plethora of activities, those of any background are assured to find one event or another that will peak their interest and spark their spirit for the coming holidays.