Students Plan for Homecoming

Students can be seen in the hallways, excitedly talking with one another about their plans for Homecoming. Those who plan to attend use their time to figure out their look for the event while organizers finish last minute tweaks to make this the perfect night. With a theme of enchanted forest, the dance is on Oct. 13 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Senior Valerie Clemente made dinner plans before the dance with her friend group. This year, she is on the Homecoming court and is excited about attending.

“When my name was announced for being on the Homecoming court, I was surprised and really excited,” said Clemente. “I am looking forward to participating in the dress up days this year”.

This year’s Homecoming spirit week themes are 80s day, character day, preppy day, spirit day and meme day. They were made up by Student Council, who plays an important role in organizing the event. On the day of Homecoming, the officers meet to decorate the rotunda and the main commons. Senior Denise Nacionales is the treasurer of Student Council and shares what she enjoys about organizing Homecoming.

“The theme we chose this year appealed to me, so it was easy to find ideas online. I enjoyed the search of finding and creating things that matched up with it,” said Nacionales.

Homecoming preparations began before the school year started. Nacionales and the other new Student Council officers started making arrangements for this event in May.

“One of the things we are doing differently this year is instead of having a typical photo booth, we are trying to get a mirror that takes pictures when students stand in front of it,” said Nacionales.

Tickets will be sold on Oct. 9 in both commons during all lunches for $10 if bought in advance and $20 if bought on the day of Homecoming.