Falcons Finish Strong at Victor Lopez Invitational

Thursday through Saturday, Mar. 22-24, the Tompkins track and field team competed at the Victor Lopez Invitational at Rice University. While at the meet, sophomore Clayton Keys set the school triple jump record of 45 feet and 11.5 inches and finished fourth overall.

“It was such a great feeling jumping a school record at such a big meet,” said Keys.

Being a sophomore that breaks a record, not only provides confidence but motivation to break again. With two more years ahead for him, he has plenty of time to focus in on his skills and

“I would like to break my own record as much as possible by the time I leave Tompkins. I would love to have my name on top the record board after I graduate,” said Keys.

As for the rest of team, senior Mason Corbin took first plays in boys’ high jump. Tompkins also had finalists in the boys’ 100m, 400m, 1500m, 300m hurdles, 4×1 relay, and 4×4 relay. The girls had finalists in the 1500m. The team also had strong performances in boys’ pole vault places 4th and 16th. Along with a boys’ high jump victory, Tompkins had an 8th place finish in girls’ high jump. The triple jumpers placed 19th, 23rd, 33rd for the girls and a 4th and 21st finish for the boys’. The Falcons put up another strong outing at another meet as they compete to be one of the top schools in the district.