Mr. Falcon Wows Students

The curtain opens and seniors Ryan Kearton and Frank Rivera buzz with excitement as the 2nd annual Mr. Falcon begins. The music for the opening number blares through the speakers and the contestants perform their well practiced choreography. The contestants have practiced for weeks and are ready to showcase their talents. The crowd stares in awe as Rivera lip syncs to Britney Spears’s Circus, the audiences cheers wildly. Next, Keaton captivates the audience of students, teachers, and parents alike with two contrasting monologues, provoking a standing ovation. This year’s Mr. Falcon Pageant looks to be an entertaining success.

“Mr. Falcon is a sort of pageant where senior men compete to win the title of Mr. Falcon. We compete in categories such swim wear, formal wear and a talent portion. I’m one of the senior men that is competing in Mr. Falcon and I am very excited,” said Kearton

Out of all the senior males at Tompkins, Kearton was one that was selected to compete in the pageant. He has prepared for the three events: swim wear, formal wear, and talent. In previous years spectators have loved all aspects of the pageant, especially the talent portion because of the entertainment it offers.

“I’m most excited to see the different talents in action. I’ve heard what most of them are and I think they will be really funny,” said Kearton

A favorite event by spectators is always the talent portion, as well as Kearton’s. For his talent Kearton will be performing two contrasting monologues, one comedic and one serious. Kearton wants to display his range of acting talents by offering a look at multiple depths of his abilities.

“I’m most excited for the opening number and my own talent act of course. I’ve put a lot of work into both and I’m excited to see the audiences reaction. My talent is a performance and I’m doing a Britney Spears Circus lip sync dance to the death,” said Rivera

Rivera is known for wow-ing the crowd with dance numbers and lip syncing. He has decided to put his talents to use with a performance to Circus, dancing included. Rivera has been preparing his act for weeks and is ready to showcase his talents.

Mr. Falcon was on Thursday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. in the OTHS PAC and the winners were as follows: King of the Nest was Jeffrey Cherry and Mr. Falcon was Ryan Kearton.