Falcons Fight Cancer

On Feb.10, many gathered in the Performing Arts Center to watch the night of performances put together and organized by sophomore Anoushka Ramesh. Between the money raised on raffles, the silent auction and the tickets for entrance into the event, all the money made went straight to St. Judes. This charity was a collaborative effort between Ramesh and the Tompkins Theatre Company, and had acts not only from the Theatre Company but also various dance studios in the area.

“I wanted to do this event because I saw an opportunity to spread awareness of childhood cancer which impacts many people. Many people realize the severity of the issue when it happens to someone close to you. Putting together a fundraiser for an issue that many people feel tied to swayed me,” said Ramesh.

The event had a variety of items up for raffle and silent auction and opportunities for donations. With an evening full of dancing, singing and acting, Falcons Fight Cancer put together a memorable and successful event for charity.

“St Judes is truly so giving in their efforts and I wanted all of our proceeds to directly benefit them. They treat their patients with the most care and regard each patient as the same despite income or insurance status, which I see as valuable,” said Ramesh.

All of the proceeds directly benefit cancer research. St. Judes is a leader in pediatric cancer research center and work tirelessly to try and search for an end to cancer. The daily cost to run St. Judes is well over two million dollars and it is with contributions from different charities that they are able to run their program with such efficiency.