Superhero Movies to Look for in 2018

Saving the world, wielding supernatural powers and wearing a cool suit while doing it attracts moviegoers to watch superhero movies. In 2017, five of the 12 highest-grossing films were superhero movies: “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”, “Justice League”, “Spider-Man: Homecoming”, “Thor: Ragnarok” and “Wonder Woman.” With a new year comes new superhero movies to look forward to, some of them being additions to past superhero movies and an animated movie released by Pixar.

Marvel will release the third installment of The Avengers series, “Avengers: Infinity War” on May 4. Like from the previous Avengers movies, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hulk who are played by Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson and Mark Ruffalo respectively will return. Characters from other Marvel films like Spider-Man, played by Tom Holland, from “Spider-Man: Homecoming” and Star-Lord, played by Chris Pratt, from the Guardians of the Galaxy series will be joining them. In the film, the Avengers assemble once more to defeat the rising threat of Thanos, an enemy who seeks to take over the world by using artifacts called Infinity Stones.

“Aquaman” will be the only DC Universe movie that will come out this year sometime in December. Following the plot of “Justice League” that was released in 2017, “Aquaman” will delve deeper into the superhero’s backstory. This will be the fourth movie where Jason Momoa will play Aquaman, the others being “Suicide Squad,” “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Justice League.”

Pixar Studios will release “Incredibles 2”, an animated superhero movie, on June 15. Almost 14 years after the original “Incredibles” released in 2004, the movie will feature Elastigirl and her adventures saving the world; on the other hand, Mr. Incredible will stay at home, taking care of their three children: Violet, Dash, and Jack Jack.

Frozone, a friend of Mr. Incredible who wields the power of ice, is voiced by Samuel L. Jackson, and Jackson will also appear in “Avengers: Infinity War.”

Other movies being released this year are “Deadpool 2” and “Ant-Man and the Wasp.” DC fans who are disappointed with only one movie being this released this year can look forward to “Shazam” and “Wonder Woman 2” which will be released in 2019.