Katherine Eikrem

Lucas De Almedia

Katherine Eikrem teaching the periodic table.

Gracie Long, Editor in Chief

In search of a job that would bring her back home new swim coach and chemistry teacher Katherine Eikrem got a job at OTHS. Native to Katy and a Cinco Ranch High School graduate Eikrem got a job teaching at Harken Heights HIgh School in Killeen, Texas. When the Eikrem saw the job opening she could not pass up the opportunity to move back to Katy and teach at such a reputable school.

“The energy is different at OTHS. There is so much passion and enthusiasm for everything we do,” Eikrem said.

Optimistic for the year, Eikrem wants to give her students the best opportunities and knowledge they need in chemistry to succeed. The swim team is lucky to have Eikrem as a coach because she is planning to create a team that will make it all the way.

“In my classroom I want to instill in every student a love and appreciation for chemistry,” Eikrem said. “For the pool I want our swim team to be a program of excellence and succeed at the district, region and state levels.”

Changing jobs is challenging, but Eikrem knew going back to Katy schools is what she wanted. Now determined to leave a lasting impact on her students Eikrem is going to provide ample opportunities for her students, to gain the best knowledge.

“Every single day I love coming to work. The students and staff of OTHS make this school the best,” Eikrem said.