Jason Gigliotti

November 18, 2015

Jason+Gigliotti%09

Jason Gigliotti

While most people are asleep at 4:30 a.m., Jason Gigliotti, AP US history teacher, is awake and completing household responsibilities that most teachers would complete after returning home. In spite of waking up early, Gigliotti keeps up his energy throughout the day, for he stays back after school’s ends to either sponsor Model United Nations club, UIL Social Studies or UIL Current Issues and Events.

“Mornings are the only time that I have away from everything,” Gigliotti said. “It’s just me and my dog up that early in the entire house so I am able to finish most of my work when it’s quiet and peaceful.”

Gigliotti was born in East Lansing, Mich., but moved to Ohio only after six weeks, where he grew up and attended college. He majored in psychology at Ohio State University. Gigliotti has now been teaching for 15 years, with 14 of them of teaching AP US History and one year of Pre AP World History.

“I have always had a passion for history,” Gigliotti said. “I took a lot of history classes throughout high school and even in college. It’s just something that I have liked since I was a kid so it was an obvious choice for me to teach History, especially US History as I found United States History most interesting.”

After teaching at Stephen F. Austin High School in Fort Bend ISD, Gigliotti has to adjust to the new ways of teaching here at Katy ISD. Apart from teaching, Gigliotti entertains himself by cooking and watching sports.

“I specially like to grill but at the same time I like to cook a variety of styles and foods,” Gigliotti said. “As for sports, I am a big Ohio State fan especially for their football program and other than that I support any professional Cleveland sports team.”

Although he moved locations, Gigliotti does not feel away from home, because many of the teachers that currently teach at Tompkins used to previously teach at Austin High School. Gigliotti has worked alongside many of those teachers before, some of whom have their classes right next to his.
“Since I used to work with some of these teachers previously at Austin High School, it does not feel too different to be working with them here at Tompkins. What Katy ISD does do different although is it’s techonology. The biggest challenge I have is adjusting to the different technology at Katy ISD. So if teaching at Tompkins is same, but it is also different,” Gigliotti said.

The Nestline • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in