Future Business Leaders of America Create Kits

Rachel Bregnard (2020-2021), Editor in Chief

Freshmen Eesha Agrahar and Roschelle D’souza are putting together 300 emergency supply kits to distribute to low-income families in the Fort Bend County area. The widespread community service project, created for a club called Future Business Leaders of America, is designed to provide these families with resources for natural disasters which they would not normally have access to. 

The materials for the kits were collected through generous donations from retail giants such as Kroger, small businesses in our community, and many compassionate individuals. Each kit contains water bottles, evaporated milk, canned soup, granola bars, pudding cups, apple sauce, flashlights, extra batteries, a first aid kit, an extra toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, and a box of masks. The distribution event is being organized with the help of Stasha Scruggs from Fort Bend County Social Services on May 7th at 4 pm. Families are welcomed to attend the event and receive their supplies through a drive-thru pick-up. 

Agrahar’s and D’souza’s previous community service project, which targeted childhood starvation, received statewide recognition and the pair are now representing Texas at the national level with this project. In order to raise money for their cause, the girls baked and sold 370 cookies and then prepared 7,200 meals single handedly during a packathon. They donated their entire earnings of 470 dollars to Feed the Hunger, an organization that provides meals to children in need. To learn more about their future projects please visit https://emergency-supply-kits.github.io/.