Seniors prepare to dance the night away at prom

Vanessa Caceres (2020-2021), Co-Editor-in-Chief

As the school year is ending, many seniors are finalizing their grades and last minute decisions on what college they will attend.  Through an unprecedented time in all lives, celebrating the end of a crazy four year journey is one of the best ways to close out this chapter and start a brand new one. Prom is one of the biggest celebrations held for seniors at different high schools across the country and for this year’s class it is extra special due to the circumstances of the pandemic and making it possible for many who have dreamed of this day. 

Seniors Sofia Mckinley and Alexandra Hein are looking forward to the magical night.

“Prom is important to me since it’s something that most people have been waiting for since freshman year,” said Mckinley. “ Getting together with friends and planning night is the best part.”

This is the one night where you get where everyone gets to dress up and look their absolute best. However with prom being a few days away.

“I believe that we as teens are not really that good at making plans sometimes so making the plans for prom itself, picking out dresses, and getting ready is already stressful enough,” said Hein.

Tickets are $25 per ticket and were sold online from March 9 to April 2.  Tompkins senior students may purchase one student ticket and up to one guest ticket.  Guests must be under 21 years of age and students and guests must present current student picture ID or driver’s license in order to enter the prom. Students must arrive no later than 10:00 pm.  No one will be allowed to enter after this time. Students may not leave and re-enter the prom. Free parking will be available. Lastly, Katy ISD rules and dress code will be in effect.

The Miami Vice Prom will take place at the Marriott Sugar Land Town Square on April 17,2021 from 8:00 pm-12:00 am.