As Christmas approaches and the Hallmark channel appears, that means it is also time for some yummy Holiday, Christmas themed snacks, candies.
- Peppermint Bark
Ingredients– 1 package (12 ounces) white chocolate chips 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
8 to 10 drops of red food coloring or green food coloring
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Microwave chocolate chips in large microwavable bowl on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Spread on large foil-lined baking sheet to 1/4-inch thickness. Add food color, drop by drop, over mixture. Using a wooden skewer, swirl color through chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candies, pressing lightly into chocolate with spatula.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until firm. Break into irregular pieces to serve. Store in covered container at cool room temperature or in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Ingredients- 9cups Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Wheat Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal (or combination)
1cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2cup peanut butter
1/2cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Dip
Ingredients- 4 (.73 oz) envelopes hot cocoa mix without marshmallows 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
4 oz. cool whip, thawed
2 -3 T. vanilla mallow bits
- In a medium mixing bowl, add in the hot cocoa mix and cream cheese. Mix on medium with a hand mixer until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add in the cool whip and continue to beat until combined.
- Scoop into a serving bowl and top with vanilla mallow bits. Serve with cookies.
- Store in the refrigerator.